This Bidjar was handwoven during the second quarter of the 20th century (1925-1950) in Northwest Iran.
It features a stark white, crystal-shaped center medallion patterned with a colorful "gul farang" or foreign flower design atop a very deep blue, almost black field - a color referred to as “surma” in Persian. The cornices of the field are filled with more "gul farang" atop a red backdrop. Multiple distinct scrolling rosette borders surround the field.
Wear is consistent with age. Pile is low with a sturdy handle.